It’s summer which means travel season, and if you’re anything like me, no matter how many times I’m traveling I always need to write out a detailed list.
For those of you that follow my Instagram, will know that I just went to the famous city of Chicago! Today I’m sharing some of my own travel essentials for a 4 day trip to the Windy City, and maybe this might help some of you out on your own travel adventures this summer 🙂
For a 4 day summer trip, I definitely only packed loose comfortable shirts because I knew I would not want to be fidgeting with my top while exploring the city in the humidity. I brought:
- Basic white tee — a comfy staple that goes with almost anything
- Dressier striped shirt — one of my favorite off the shoulder for the summer
- 2 colorful short sleeve tees — good for mixing up with outfits depends on the weather
TIP #1: Plan outfits in advance to keep yourself from overpacking. But still add a few extra clothes for good measure in case you change your mind while you’re there. It seems annoying at first but makes the traveling process so much easier!
- Baby pink mini skirt — alternative to shorts but just as comfy and more put together
- Light blue pants — fancier than jeans but super light and airy
- Pair of classic ripped denim jeans
- Pair of white shorts
- Fancier dress for a night out or a dinner date
- Comfy jumpsuit — I wore this on the plane ride it literally feels like pajamas!
Fun fact: whenever I’m traveling, I almost always bring my denim jacket since it’s a timeless piece that goes with so many different outfits.
- Denim jacket
- Light brown cardigan — good for those cool summer nights
- Black belt
- Small rose gold hoop earrings — I love the hoop earring trend BTW
- Simple bracelets
- Few gold chokers
- Black chokers — I actually made these ones on the right of the photo! Let me know if you’d like to see a post about DIY chokers 🙂
I decided to keep it simple with the shoes since I knew I’d be walking A LOT around the city.
- Dolce Vita slip on sandals — super comfortable and easy to walk in
- Black strappy sandals — I wear these all the time so they’re getting pretty worn out, looking for a new pair soon!
I somehow fit all this stuff in a small suitcase, because of my second handy tip!
TIP #2: Roll all your clothing because you can fit so much more. I used to not do this because I thought it was make my clothes wrinkly, but if you neatly roll them it won’t happen!
Other than that, I definitely remembered to pack toiletries, undergarments, driver’s license and all those other things, and had a blast in Chicago visiting some of my friends from college. I’ll be putting up a blog post specifically about my trip to Chicago soon, so stay tuned!